If there's a problem with your Estate Agent

If you are unhappy with your estate agent and they haven't responded properly you could contact your local trading standards department. (Call your local council).

Also check whether the agent is a member of one of the trade associations or the Ombudsman for Estate Agents Scheme and complain to them.

Make notes of who you spoke to and what was said. If you don't feel you have been taken seriously then put it in writing. (The member of staff you dealt with might not have spoken responsibly).

If you don't get an adequate response consider contacting the national press.

If you feel you have a legal claim contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or a solicitor.


Useful addresses

Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
12 Great George Street
London SW1P 3AD
Tel 020 7222 7000

The Ombudsman for Estate Agents Scheme
Beckett House
4 Bridge Street
Wiltshire SP1 2LX
Tel 01722 333 306

The National Association of Estate Agents
Arbon House
21 Jury Street
Warwick CV34 4EH
Tel 01926 496 800







Estate Agents Problems... end

My Control Panel

Join The Club Here

Special Offer
FREE Sign Up for

Property Services
For Sale Signs
User Testimonials

Using Professionals
Estate Agents
Lawyers / Conveyancing

Useful Tools
Own Home Sale Guides
How to Value My Own Home
Marketing My Own Home
Home Make Over
Viewings The Top Tips
Negotiate like a Pro
Own Property Advert Writer

Site Info
Frequent Questions
Money Back Guarantee
Your Privacy
Terms and Conditions
Contact Us

Own Home Sellers Club

Latest Houses and Flats for Sale by Owners in the UK